What is Eyelid Surgery?
Blepharoplasty is an aesthetic surgery that can be performed on the upper lid, lower lid, or both. If you want to improve the appearance of the eyelids or to get rid of the functional problems you experience with your eyelids, eyelid surgery can rejuvenate the area surrounding your eyes.
Though there is no age limit in eyelid aesthetics, careful preoperative examination is essential. Although the age of patients for this operation is generally over 40, applicants can also undergo the operation at a younger age. In patients over the age of 40, the symptoms seen are skin slackening and bagging eyes, while in young people the most common complaints are bags under eyes.
- In the upper eyelid surgery, the upper eyelid is anesthetized with local anesthesia. The skin is removed and a portion of the underlying muscle is removed. The inner and middle line fat pads are reached. If there is sagging in the tear gland it is hung up. The leather is closed with melted sutures and the process is finished.
- In the lower eyelid surgery, the lower eyelid is anesthetized first with local anesthesia. Skin and muscle are removed. The inner, middle and outer oil packs are reached and some of the herniated oil packs are removed. Then excess muscle and a portion of the skin is removed. The skin is closed with melted sutures and the process is finished.
Advantages of Eyelid Surgery
• Use of laser technology
• Improved loss of view due to dangling skin
• Fresh and youthful appearance
• Quick recovery
• Minimal risk of complications
Advantages of Eye Bag Removal
• Vaporized fat pads by micro inlets
• Minimal bruising and redness
• Young and fresh look
Look your best. Feel your best.
Thank you for your interest in Cygnus Clinic! Our patient care coordinator will get back to you within the next 24 hours.
ERROR. Try again.