What is Gynecomastia?
Gynecomastia is the growth of the female type of breast tissue in men. Breast enlargement in men is not always a sign of disease. The most common cause of gynecomastia is obesity, drugs or hormonal changes.
Gynecomastia is mostly seen in adolescents or older men due to hormonal changes.
Gynecomastia, which appears as a problem in almost 40% of men, seriously affects the patients' self-esteem. Gynecomastia surgery also known as “Male Breast Reduction” is the most effective method to solve this problem.
Since gynecomastia complaints during adolescence may be due to hormonal changes, surgical intervention should be waited for at least 2 years. Gynecomastia which does not regress after 2 years is suitable for operation.
It is sufficient to wait 1 year after gynecomastia occurs in post-puberty age groups.
First of all, we evaluate your complaints and your expectations after the operation. Then, we inform you about the individual results that may occur after the operation and together we discuss the operation date.
Preparation for Operation Time
· In consultation with your doctor, use of aspirin and derivative drugs should be disrupted one week before the surgery.
· It is advised to avoid smoking cigarettes for a period before and after the operation.
· Use of hair gel on the day of operation should be avoided
. It is advised to wear comfortable clothing and leave your jewelry at home.
· Eating and drinking is not allowed 6 hours before the surgery.
· When you arrive in your reserved room, you may be given an oral medication for relaxation.
Two types of techniques may be used: either Liposuction technique or Laser Liposuction. In either way, the excess fat and/or glandular tissue are removed through the incised hole- sculpting a new chest contour without leaving any scars. As a result, nipple and chest deformities are gone.
Look your best. Feel your best.
Thank you for your interest in Cygnus Clinic! Our patient care coordinator will get back to you within the next 24 hours.
ERROR. Try again.